Motorola Moto One Power CWM Recovery Installation – Two Easy METHODS!
In this article, I will show you step by step guide on how to install CWM Recovery on Motorola One Power. This step is necessary before you can install custom Rom on your smartphone. Alright, let’s straight away dive into the step by step instruction guide.
- 0.1 What do you mean by CWM Recovery?
- 0.2 About Motorola One Power Android Phone
- 0.3 Pros of Installing CWM Recovery on Motorola One Power
- 0.4 What consequences can happen when you install CWM Recovery on Motorola One Power?
- 1 How to Install CWM Recovery on Motorola One Power?
What do you mean by CWM Recovery?
Clockworkmod Recovery (CWM) is a popular custom recovery on Android devices. And it also provides more features than the stock recovery (provided by the manufacturer).
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Motorola One Power smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.2 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And Motorola One Power also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, One Power has a Snapdragon 636 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4 GB Ram and 64 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on One Power- 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on Motorola one Power is a non-removable 3780 mAh.
Pros of Installing CWM Recovery on Motorola One Power
What benefits will you get from installing CWM recovery? Here are some of the advantages and benefits of installing CWM recovery on your phone.
- Firstly, CWM recovery will provide the advanced feature.
- And one can flash custom Roms and ZIP files on the phone.
- Also, a custom recovery can make backup and restore it for you whenever required.
- Furthermore, the Android device will have the ability to install super SU (ROOT).
- Basically, you get the ability to customize or modify your Motorola One Power Android device.
So, above are some of the reason why you should get a custom recovery or CWM recovery on your smartphone.
What consequences can happen when you install CWM Recovery on Motorola One Power?
Before we start installing CWM recovery, there are more advantages of installing a custom recovery or CWM Recovery, one should also be aware of the Cons or disadvantages of installing CWM recovery. So, What can happen to your phone if you try to install a CWM Recovery?
- First of all, your phone may get completely dead.
- Also, the warranty will be void.
- Furthermore, performance issue may arrive.
So above are some of the reasons that can harm your device when you install a CWM custom recovery. So, now let’s install CWM recovery on the Motorola One Power.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Motorola One Power?
Points to remember before installing CWM custom recovery on Motorola One Power :
- First thing first, charge your phone fully to avoid interruption.
- Also, make sure to use genuine accessories to connect your phone.
- Download and install appropriate USB drivers on your PC computer.
- Techdroidtips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device.
- Take a backup of your current data.
- And unlock the bootloader on Motorola One Power. < IMP STEP.
- TWRP Recovery on Vivo Y83.
Method 1: Install CWM Recovery on Motorola One Power
1. First of all, download CWM recovery image of the device from the web.
2. And rename it as CWM.img
3. Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the phone and install it on PC.
4. Now, setup ADB and fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install process For ADB :
1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
5. Continue Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – finished! Source – XDA
5. Open the folder – “CWM.img”
6. And open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
7. Now, connect your Motorola One Power phone to PC.
8. And, boot your device into fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
9. Now the device will boot into the fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
10. Replace CWM.img above with the name of your CWM recovery image file.
11. Now it will start flashing CWM Recovery and after that type the following –
12. This command will reboot your device.
13. And congrats, finally you have successfully installed CWM custom Recovery on Motorola One Power.
UPDATE 3rd April 2019 – VIVO Y83 currently has no development on the CWM Recovery file, I recommend you to bookmark this page. As soon as the development arises, this article will be updated.
Also Read: How to Root Motorola One Power
Method 2: Install CWM Recovery on Motorola One Power without PC
- This step is easy and fast to install. However, you need to get root access on Motorola One Power in order to install CWM custom recovery through this method.
- And now download and install Rom Manager app from Play store on the Motorola One Power.
- Take a backup of your current Rom. To do that click on “Backup Current Rom”.
- After that name your backup and proceed.
- Next step is to click on “Flash Clockworkmod Recovery”.
- And then Rom manager will ask for the model number. Select the appropriate model number and then proceed.
- The file will start downloading and wait for it to complete. Then when asked to install, proceed.
- The phone will reboot and install CWM custom recovery on it.
- That’s it your Motorola One Power has CWM custom recovery successfully installed.
How to Boot into CWM Recovery Mode on Motorola One Power?
Wondering how to boot into recovery mode? It’s simple all you need to do is, go to the Rom manager app and click on “Reboot into Recovery” and your phone will boot into the recovery mode.
Related Article. How to Unroot Motorola One Power and go back to stock ROM.