How to Install CWM Recovery on Meizu Note 8? Full Guide!
In this article, I will show you step by step guide on how to install CWM Recovery on Meizu Note 8. This step is necessary before you can install custom Rom on your smartphone. Alright, let’s straight away dive into the step by step instruction guide.
- 0.1 What do you mean by CWM Recovery?
- 0.2 About Meizu Note 8
- 0.3 Pros of Installing CWM Recovery on the Meizu Note 8
- 0.4 What consequences can happen when you install CWM Recovery on Meizu Note 8?
- 1 How to Install CWM Recovery on Meizu Note 8?
What do you mean by CWM Recovery?
Clockworkmod Recovery (CWM) is a popular custom recovery on Android devices. And it also provides more features than the stock recovery (provided by the manufacturer). So, now let’s see about Meizu Note 8.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Meizu Note 8 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2160 pixels. A total of 403 pixels per inch.
- And Meizu Note 8 also comes with Android 8 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 632 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4 GB Ram and 64 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 3600 mAh.
Pros of Installing CWM Recovery on the Meizu Note 8
What benefits will you get from installing CWM recovery on the Meizu Note 8? Here are some of the advantages and benefits of installing CWM recovery on your phone.
- Firstly, CWM recovery will provide the advanced feature.
- And one can flash custom Roms and ZIP files on the phone.
- Also, a custom recovery can make backup and restore it for you whenever required.
- Furthermore, the Android device will have the ability to install super SU (ROOT).
- Basically, you get the ability to customize or modify your Meizu Note 8 Android device.
So, above are some of the reason why you should get a custom recovery or CWM recovery on your smartphone.
What consequences can happen when you install CWM Recovery on Meizu Note 8?
Before we start installing CWM recovery, there are more advantages of installing a custom recovery or CWM Recovery, one should also be aware of the Cons or disadvantages of installing CWM recovery on the Meizu Note 8. So, What can happen to your phone if you try to install a CWM Recovery?
- First of all, your phone may get completely dead.
- Also, the warranty will be void.
- Furthermore, the performance issue may arrive on the Meizu Note 8.
So above are some of the reasons that can harm your device when you install a CWM custom recovery. So, now let’s install CWM recovery on the phone.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Meizu Note 8?
Points to remember before installing CWM custom recovery on Meizu Note 8 :
- First thing first, charge your Meizu Note 8 phone fully to avoid interruption.
- Also, make sure to use genuine accessories to connect your phone.
- Download and install appropriate USB drivers on your PC computer for the Meizu Note 8.
- Techdroidtips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device.
- Take a backup of your current data.
- And unlock the bootloader on the Meizu Note 8. < IMP STEP.
- Also, you can install TWRP Recovery on the Meizu Note 8.
Method 1: Install CWM Recovery on the Meizu Note 8
- First of all, download CWM recovery image of the Meizu Note 8.
(Check below for the file)
- And rename it as CWM.img
- Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the Meizu Note 8 and install it on PC.
- Reminder, Unlocking Bootloader is an important step before you install CWM recovery. It is not recommended to install CWM recovery before unlocking the bootloader.
- Now, set up ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
5. And Now Open the folder – “CWM.img”
- And open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
- Now, connect your Meizu Note 8 to PC.
- And, boot your device into Fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
- Now the device will boot into the Fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
- Replace CWM.img above with the name of your CWM recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing CWM Recovery and after that type the following –
- This command will reboot your device.
- And congrats, finally you have successfully installed CWM custom Recovery on Meizu Note 8.
- CWM Image File for Meizu Note 8 will be added once available. The article will be updated 😀
Also, Read Root Meizu Note 8.
Method 2: Install CWM Recovery on Meizu Note 8 without PC
- This step is easy and fast to install. However, you need to get root access on Meizu Note 8 in order to install CWM custom recovery through this method.
- And now download and install Rom Manager app from Play store on the Meizu Note 8.
- Take a backup of your current Rom. To do that click on “Backup Current Rom”.
- After that name your backup and proceed.
- Next step is to click on “Flash Clockworkmod Recovery” on the Meizu Note 8.
- And then Rom manager will ask for the model number. Select the appropriate model number and then proceed.
- The file will start downloading and wait for it to complete. Then when asked to install, proceed.
- The phone will reboot and install CWM custom recovery on it.
- That’s it your Meizu Note 8 has CWM custom recovery successfully installed.
How to Boot into CWM Recovery Mode on the Meizu Note 8?
Wondering how to boot into recovery mode on the Meizu Note 8? It’s simple all you need to do is, go to the Rom manager app and click on “Reboot into Recovery” and your phone will boot into the recovery mode.
Related Article. Unroot Meizu Note 8 phone and go back to stock ROM.