How to Install CWM Recovery on Meizu 16X? Full Instruction Guide!
In this article, I will show you step by step guide on how to install CWM Recovery on Meizu 16X. This step is necessary before you can install custom Rom on your smartphone. Alright, let’s straight away dive into the step by step instruction guide.
- 0.1 What do you mean by CWM Recovery?
- 0.2 About Meizu 16X
- 0.3 Pros of Installing CWM Recovery on the Meizu 16X
- 0.4 What consequences can happen when you install CWM Recovery on Meizu 16X?
- 1 How to Install CWM Recovery on Meizu 16X?
What do you mean by CWM Recovery?
Clockworkmod Recovery (CWM) is a popular custom recovery on Android devices. And it also provides more features than the stock recovery (provided by the manufacturer). So, now let’s see about Meizu 16X.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Meizu 16X smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.0 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2160 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And Meizu 16X also comes with Android 8.0 OREO.
- And under the hood, Meizu 16X has a Snapdragon 710 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB Ram and 64GB/128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Meizu 16X – 12MP + 20MP dual rear camera and 20MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Meizu 16X is a non-removable 3100 mAh.
Also, Read – Various Issues on the phone & How to Fix Them.
Pros of Installing CWM Recovery on the Meizu 16X
What benefits will you get from installing CWM recovery on the Meizu 16X? Here are some of the advantages and benefits of installing CWM recovery on your phone.
- Firstly, CWM recovery will provide the advanced feature.
- And one can flash custom Roms and ZIP files on the phone.
- Also, a custom recovery can make backup and restore it for you whenever required.
- Furthermore, the Android device will have the ability to install super SU (ROOT).
- Basically, you get the ability to customize or modify your Meizu 16X Android device.
So, above are some of the reason why you should get a custom recovery or CWM recovery on your smartphone.
What consequences can happen when you install CWM Recovery on Meizu 16X?
Before we start installing CWM recovery, there are more advantages of installing a custom recovery or CWM Recovery, one should also be aware of the Cons or disadvantages of installing CWM recovery on the Meizu 16X. So, What can happen to your phone if you try to install a CWM Recovery?
- First of all, your phone may get completely dead.
- Also, the warranty will be void.
- Furthermore, the performance issue may arrive on the Meizu 16X.
So above are some of the reasons that can harm your device when you install a CWM custom recovery. So, now let’s install CWM recovery on the phone.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Meizu 16X?
Points to remember before installing CWM custom recovery on Meizu 16X :
- First thing first, charge your Meizu 16X phone fully to avoid interruption.
- Also, make sure to use genuine accessories to connect your phone.
- Download and install appropriate USB drivers on your PC computer for the Meizu 16X.
- Techdroidtips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device.
- Take a backup of your current data.
- And unlock the bootloader on the phone. < IMP STEP.
- Also, you can install TWRP Recovery on the phone.
Method 1: Install CWM Recovery on the Meizu 16X
- First of all, download CWM recovery image of the Meizu 16X.
(Check below for the file)
- And rename it as CWM.img
- Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the Meizu 16X and install it on PC.
- Reminder, Unlocking Bootloader is an important step before you install CWM recovery. It is not recommended to install CWM recovery before unlocking the bootloader.
- Now, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
5. And Now Open the folder – “CWM.img”
- And open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
- Now, connect your Meizu 16X to PC.
- And, boot your device into Fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
- Now the device will boot into the Fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
- Replace CWM.img above with the name of your CWM recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing CWM Recovery and after that type the following –
- This command will reboot your device.
- And congrats, finally you have successfully installed CWM custom Recovery on Meizu 16X.
- CWM Image File for Meizu 16X will be added once available. The article will be updated 😀
Also, Read Root this phone.
Method 2: Install CWM Recovery on Meizu 16X without PC
- This step is easy and fast to install. However, you need to get root access on Meizu 16X in order to install CWM custom recovery through this method.
- And now download and install Rom Manager app from Play store on the Meizu 16X.
- Take a backup of your current Rom. To do that click on “Backup Current Rom”.
- After that name your backup and proceed.
- Next step is to click on “Flash Clockworkmod Recovery” on the Meizu 16X.
- And then Rom manager will ask for the model number. Select the appropriate model number and then proceed.
- The file will start downloading and wait for it to complete. Then when asked to install, proceed.
- The phone will reboot and install CWM custom recovery on it.
- That’s it your Meizu 16X has CWM custom recovery successfully installed.
How to Boot into CWM Recovery Mode on the Meizu 16X?
Wondering how to boot into recovery mode on the Meizu 16X? It’s simple all you need to do is, go to the Rom manager app and click on “Reboot into Recovery” and your phone will boot into the recovery mode.
Related Article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.