Motorola Moto One Power Custom ROM Installation – Two Easy METHODS!
In this article, I will show you step by step, How to install custom Rom on Motorola One Power device. Furthermore, there are lots and lots of benefits of installing custom ROM on Moto devices. Next, we will also cover a few topics on custom Rom. Let’s start.
- 0.1 About Motorola One Power Android Phone
- 0.2 What is Custom Rom?
- 0.3 Advantages or Pro’s of installing custom ROM on Motorola One Power device
- 0.4 Disadvantages or Con’s of installing custom ROM on Motorola One Power Phone
- 1 How to Install Custom Rom On Motorola One Power
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Motorola One Power smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.2 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And Motorola One Power also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, One Power has a Snapdragon 636 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4 GB Ram and 64 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on One Power- 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on Motorola one Power is a non-removable 3780 mAh.
What is Custom Rom?
Custom Roms are basically firmware which is developed by various community developers in order to put in extra features and benefits in the smartphone. There are various different types of Roms that can be installed on the smartphone.
Advantages or Pro’s of installing custom ROM on Motorola One Power device
Here are some of the major reasons you should install custom Rom on your Moto devices –
- You will be able to experience a new user interface after you install a custom Rom. Rom such as MIUI will fully change the way you will use your Motorola One Power.
- And benefitted with extra features.
- Also, your phone will get constant updates, as developers constantly are working to improve the current version.
- And you can update to the latest Android version before Motorola provides it.
- The phone will no more be laggy whatsoever.
Disadvantages or Con’s of installing custom ROM on Motorola One Power Phone
Some of the disadvantages of installing custom Rom –
- It will void your warranty. If you wish to install any type of custom ROM on your smartphone and if anything goes wrong, then the manufacturer is not responsible for it.
- You may brick your phone or your phone may not power on thereafter.
- The phone may become more sluggish and laggy if you install non-optimized custom Rom on the device.
Now let’s see how you can install custom Rom on your Motorola One Power
How to Install Custom Rom On Motorola One Power
Points before installing custom Rom
- Unlock the phone Bootloader before installing any custom ROM.
- Also, Root your phone.
- Next, your phone should have CWM or TWRP Recovery successfully installed in order to install custom, Rom.
If you have not Rooted or unlocked your device bootloader or had not install Recovery then this article will help you out – How to Root Motorola One Power
How to Install custom ROM on Motorola One Power with the help of CWM Recovery
Below is step by step guide how you can install custom Rom with the help of CWM recovery.
- First of all, charge the phone.
- Next, download the proper Zip file of the Rom which you want to install on your smartphone. You can find your favorite Rom through the or web check below for the download file.
- Now, after you have successfully downloaded the custom ROM, put the file in the internal storage or the external storage of your phone.
- Finally, boot into CWM recovery.
- And, to boot into CWM recovery you need to turn your phone off. After your phone is switched off, press power button and volume down button together. Hence, you would now be booted into CWM recovery.
- Furthermore, you will see various options in the recovery mode and one important step is to backup your current firmware because if anything goes wrong while installing custom ROM, you can restore your phone.
- So now that you have taken a backup, we need to factory reset the phone before installing any sort of custom Rom. For that go to Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes-Wipe all user data and wipe cache by going to Wipe Cache Partition > Yes-Wipe Cache.
- Now to install custom Rom on your Motorola One Power, go to Install Zip. Then choose Zip from SD card > now select your zip file from internal storage.
- Then, Select yes Install Zip File.
- Let the process happen and do not interrupt in between the process of installing custom Rom.
- Congratulations finally you have successfully installed custom Rom on your Motorola One Power device.
If you have TWRP Recovery on Motorola One Power, then below are the steps.
How to Install custom Rom on Motorola One Power with the help of TWRP Recovery.
Let’s start step by step on how to install custom Rom through TWRP recovery.
- First of all, charge your phone fully.
- And now boot your phone into TWRP recovery. Switch off your phone and then press the Power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- Before installing make sure to take proper backup of existing Rom as a result if something goes wrong, you can restore your current backup.
- Next, Go to Wipe – Swipe to factory reset.
- Go back and click install – and select your custom Rom Zip file. Then swipe to confirm Flash.
- Finally, press back and reboot your device.
- Hence, you have successfully installed custom Rom via TWRP recovery on your Motorola One Power phone.
Motorola Moto One Power Custom ROM Downloads
- ArrowOS ROM – AOSP – CHEF – Official – PIE Download Here
- CR-Droid V5.2 ROM – CHEF – Official – PIE Download Here
- Lineage OS 16.0 ROM – CHEF_SPROUT – Unofficial Download Here
Related Article. How to unroot and install stock ROM on Motorola One Power
I hope the above steps were clear enough 😀 And I hope you installed your custom ROM on the Motorola One Power successfully. Do let me know in the comment section if you have encountered any issues while installing custom Rom on your device.