How to Install Custom ROM on Huawei Mate 20 X: CWM & TWRP!
In this article, I will show you step by step, How to install custom Rom on Huawei Mate 20 X device. Furthermore, there are lots and lots of benefits of installing custom ROM on Huawei Mate 20 X device. Next, we will also cover a few topics on custom Rom. Let’s start.
- 0.1 About Huawei Mate 20 X
- 0.2 What is Custom ROM?
- 0.3 Advantages or Pro’s of installing custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X device
- 0.4 Disadvantages or Con’s of installing custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X Phone
- 1 How to Install Custom ROM On the Huawei Mate 20 X?
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Huawei Mate 20 X smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 7.2 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2244 pixels. A total of 346 pixels per inch.
- And Huawei Mate 20 X also comes with Android 9 Pie.
- And under the hood, Huawei Mate 20 X has a Hisilicon Kirin 980 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB Ram and 128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Huawei Mate 20 X – 40MP + 20MP + 8MP triple rear camera and 24MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Huawei Mate 20 X is a non-removable 5000 mAh.
What is Custom ROM?
Custom Roms are basically firmware which is developed by various community developers in order to put in extra features and benefits in the smartphone. There are various different types of Roms that can be installed on the smartphone. So, let’s know more about custom ROM on Huawei Mate 20 X.
Advantages or Pro’s of installing custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X device
Here are some of the major reasons you should install custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X:
- You will be able to experience a new user interface after you install a custom Rom. Rom such as MIUI will change the way you will use your phone.
- And benefitted with extra features.
- Also, your phone will get constant updates, as developers constantly are working to improve the current version.
- And you can update to the latest Android version before the manufacturer provides it.
- The Huawei Mate 20 X phone will no more be laggy whatsoever.
Disadvantages or Con’s of installing custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X Phone
Some of the disadvantages of installing custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X:
- It will void your warranty. If you wish to install any type of custom ROM on your smartphone and if anything goes wrong, then the manufacturer is not responsible for it.
- You may brick your phone or your phone may not power on thereafter.
- The Huawei Mate 20 X phone may become more sluggish and laggy if you install non-optimized custom ROM on the devices.
Now let’s see how you can install custom ROM.
How to Install Custom ROM On the Huawei Mate 20 X?
Points before installing custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X:
- Unlock the phone Bootloader before installing any custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X.
- Next, your phone should have CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery successfully installed in order to install custom, Rom.
- Also, Root the phone
- Tech Droid Tips take no responsibility if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
If you have not Rooted or unlocked your device bootloader or had not install Recovery then consider the above links.
How to Install custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X with the help of CWM Recovery?
Below is step by step guide how you can install custom Rom on Huawei Mate 20 X with the help of CWM recovery.
- First of all, charge the phone.
- Next, download the proper Zip file of the Rom which you want to install on the Huawei Mate 20 X smartphone. You can find your favorite Rom through the web.
- Now, after you have successfully downloaded the custom ROM, put the file in the internal storage or the external storage of your Huawei Mate 20 X phone.
- Finally, boot into CWM recovery.
- And, to boot into CWM recovery you need to turn your phone off. After your phone is switched off, press power button and volume down button together. Hence, you would now be booted into CWM recovery.
- Furthermore, you will see various options in the recovery mode and one important step is to backup your current Huawei Mate 20 X firmware because if anything goes wrong while installing custom ROM, you can restore your phone.
- So now that you have taken a backup, we need to factory reset the phone before installing any sort of custom Rom. For that go to Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes-Wipe all user data and wipe cache by going to Wipe Cache Partition > Yes-Wipe Cache.
- Now to install custom Rom on your Huawei Mate 20 X, go to Install Zip. Then choose Zip from SD card > now select your zip file from internal storage.
- Then, Select yes Install Zip File.
- Let the process happen and do not interrupt in between the process of installing custom Rom.
- Congratulations finally you have successfully installed custom Rom on your Huawei Mate 20 X device.
If you have TWRP Recovery on the phone, then below are the steps.
Reminder – This tutorial is only on how you can install custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X.
How to Install custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X with the help of TWRP Recovery?
Let’s start step by step on how to install custom Rom on Huawei Mate 20 X through TWRP recovery.
- First of all, charge your phone fully.
- And now boot your phone into TWRP recovery. Switch off your phone and then press the Power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- Before installing the custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X make sure to take proper backup of existing Rom as a result if something goes wrong, you can restore your current backup.
- Next, Go to Wipe – Swipe to factory reset.
- Go back and click install – and select your custom Rom Zip file. Then swipe to confirm Flash.
- Finally, press back and reboot your device.
- Hence, you have successfully installed custom Rom via TWRP recovery on your Huawei Mate 20 X phone.
Related Article. Unroot and install stock ROM on the phone.
I hope the above steps were clear enough 😀 And I hope you installed your custom ROM on the Huawei Mate 20 X successfully. Do let me know in the comment section if you have encountered any issues while installing custom Rom on your device.