How to install Custom Rom on Galaxy J6 :CWM & TWRP
In this article, I will show you step by step, How to install custom Rom on Galaxy J6 device. Furthermore, there are lots and lots of benefits of installing custom ROM on Samsung devices. Next, we will also cover few topics on custom Rom. Let’s start.
- 0.1 What is Custom ROM?
- 0.2 Advantages or Pro’s of installing custom ROM on the Galaxy J6 device
- 0.3 Disadvantages or Con’s of installing custom ROM on the Galaxy J6 Phone
- 1 How to Install Custom ROM On the Galaxy J6?
What is Custom ROM?
Custom Roms are basically firmware which is developed by various community developers in order to put in extra features and benefits in the smartphone. There are various different types of Roms that can be installed on the smartphone.
Advantages or Pro’s of installing custom ROM on the Galaxy J6 device
Here are some of the major reasons you should install custom ROM on the Galaxy J6:
- You will be able to experience new user interface after you install a custom Rom. Rom such as MIUI will fully change the way you will use your phone.
- And benefitted with extra features.
- Also, your phone will get constant updates, as developers constantly are working to improve the current version.
- And you can update to the latest Android version before Samsung provides it.
- The Galaxy J6 phone will no more be laggy whatsoever.
Disadvantages or Con’s of installing custom ROM on the Galaxy J6 Phone
Some of the disadvantages of installing custom ROM on the Galaxy J6:
- It will void your warranty. If you wish to install any type of custom ROM on your smartphone and if anything goes wrong, then the manufacturer is not responsible for it.
- You may brick your phone or your phone may not power on thereafter.
- The Galaxy J6 phone may become more sluggish and laggy if you install non-optimized custom ROM on the devices.
Now let’s see how you can install custom ROM.
How to Install Custom ROM On the Galaxy J6?
Points before installing custom ROM on the Galaxy J6:
- Unlock the phone Bootloader before installing any custom ROM.
- Next, your phone should have CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery successfully installed in order to install custom, Rom.
- Also, Root the phone.
If you have not Rooted or unlocked your device bootloader or had not install Recovery then consider the above links.
Now, Let’s start installing custom ROM on your Galaxy J6 with the help of CWM Recovery.
- First of all, download your favorite custom Rom through the web.
- Thereafter put the Zip file in Internal or external storage of your phone.
- Now, boot into CWM Recovery.
- To boot into CWM you need to turn off your phone. Then press power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- After you boot into CWM you should see various options. Please make sure to backup your current Rom. If anything goes wrong in installing custom Rom, you can revert back to the previous firmware.
- There is one more step, Factory reset your phone before installing Rom. This step is important. Go to Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes-Wipe all user data.
- After you have successfully reset your phone data, then wipe cache by going to Wipe Cache Partition > Yes-Wipe Cache.
- Now, let’s install your custom Rom on Galaxy J6, for this go to Install Zip. Then choose Zip from SD card > now select your zip file from internal storage. If your zip file is kept on external SD card then choose “Install Zip from external SD card” instead.
- Thereafter, select Yes, install Zip file.
- Finally, your custom Rom is successfully installed on your Galaxy J6.
- If you want to install more Zip files then do the same as above, just make sure to Wipe cache partition.
- Now, Reboot your phone and voila your new custom Rom on Galaxy J6 is installed successfully.
Your custom Rom is installed on your Galaxy J6 through CWM recovery. But if you had installed TWRP recovery on your J6 then the below steps are for you.
How to install Custom Roms on Galaxy J6 through TWRP Recovery?
You need to take same precautions which I mentioned above while installing through CWM.
- First of all boot your device in TWRP Recovery mode. Switch off your phone and hold Power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- After you boot into TWRP Recovery, go to Wipe > Swipe to factory reset. Make sure to take backup of your existing rom before.
- Now, go back and click install > and select your custom Rom Zip file which you have downloaded in your phone storage.
- Swipe to confirm Flash. Now, the process should start on its own. Be patient.
- After your Rom is installed you will see Wipe Cache. Just swipe right to wipe cache.
- Now, go back and reboot your system.
- Finally, you have successfully installed custom Rom on your Samsung Galaxy J6 through TWRP recovery 😀
I hope above steps helped you getting your custom Rom installed without any hustle. If you have encountered any issue regarding custom Rom. Do, let me know in the comment section below. 😀